2014-03-26

The blouse is essentially done.

However, I've also made a huge mess going through various junk supplies in the past couple days, so I'm not going to photograph anything until I go back to having a nice big junk-free area.

I donated two coats and two shirts today, and over the past few days I picked out around 180 patterns to get rid of. I don't even want to talk about what a small proportion of my stash that is.

Be that as it may, here's what I think I've learned from the Neue Mode blouse:
  • With a non-dropped shoulder, I probably need a traditional FBA to get enough space across the upper chest. This may have more to do with posture than measurements per se.
  • I need some real back shoulder blade shaping, probably more of it than can be had from easing alone, unless the fabric is a shrinkable wool or the like.
  • I do indeed have square shoulders.
I have some other nebulous potential conclusions, but I won't go into them until I have some confirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment