2014-03-20

Boiled wool jacket progress

I've sewn most of the seams on the boiled wool jacket. Here's my sewing order so far:
  • Sew all darts. Do not press or clip yet.
  • Sew CB seam of shawl collar.
  • Sew side seams and sleeve underarm seams.
  • Sew raglan seams.
  • Try on. Decide something is not quite right, but above all the sleeves are not as loose as they should be for a jacket.
  • Rip raglan seams between notches.
  • Sew new sleeve underarm seams, letting them out halfway.
  • Rip old sleeve underarm seams, for which I'd forgotten to switch the stitch length back from the tiny length used for reinforcing the corners of the shawl collar. So of course those are the seams I have to rip....
  • Try on again. Something still isn't quite right with the upper back and the upper chest, but this might be fixable at the side and/or raglan seams.
I'll fuss with it more tomorrow. I also tried the Neue Mode blouse on again and decided it isn't so bad, but I may still want to fiddle with the darts and the armscyes, if I can stand it. I really don't like the doing the whole fit-as-you sew process on myself.

Apart from all that, I donated 5 clothing items today, and I'm going through and ditching lots of sewing patterns as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment