2014-03-03

Hoodie torso sewn

I've put together a lot of the Schnittquelle Trondheim hoodie (not the sleeves). Thoughts:
  • It has the sort of back seam that goes in toward the waist and then more or less straight down, same as the standard Müller & Sohn draft. I have a hard time seeing how this actually fits people (women, anyway), but maybe it's my own fit issue. I cut it straight down from the neck, just to have more to work with. I'll need to fiddle with it once the rest is together.
  • The darts look nice.
  • All the seams are meant to be sewn wrong sides together and trimmed. I'm planning on sewing the sleeve seams right sides together and not trimming. That particular seam is less visible anyway, and tends to be the first thing to tear out in my experience, so I'd rather not have a tiny seam allowance there. I'm debating whether to do the same thing on the armscyes, but it might be too obvious.
  • The hood is probably going to be a bit voluminous. That's not unusual for a hood with just one seam. At least it isn't pointy.

No comments:

Post a Comment