2014-03-08

Hoodie, and blouse plans

I finally copied the last alterations onto my Schnittquelle hoodie tracing today, so I could get that put away. I'd changed the center back seam (original seamline in green, if you can see it) and the top front of the hood.





And here it is.



I'm now drafting a sleeve for my fitting shell. The elbow dart is looking a bit big to me, but I'd have to make a mockup to know if that's a custom fit feature or a problem.

I'm thinking if I do sew something for the blouse contest this month, it's probably not going to be a self draft. Given the required details, and the sorts of things I'd want to make with the stash fabrics I have, it would be such a departure from my fitting shell that it wouldn't make a very helpful initial test. Plus it'd be extra work. So I'm thinking I'll either use a commercial pattern, or skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment