2014-03-02

Ditching for February

Since I finished 2 projects in February, I meant to get rid of 4 other items. Here's what they were/will be:
  • navy coat that I relined but then decided not to keep, due to road-salt staining and other issues.
  • taupe corduroy trousers: the fit was probably iffy to begin with and has somehow become far worse since I've lost weight; the zippered pockets are annoying (scratchy).
  • cheap navy blue leather belt that I shouldn't have bought, evidently; it is falling apart having been worn only a few times. I may cut out and salvage the buckle, though. (In contrast, I have a decent greener-navy belt from Furla that has lasted many years, although the color isn't great for going with everything. I had been trying to use navy as a neutral, which in retrospect I think is a pretty terrible idea; in fact, it's probably one of the hardest colors to match.)
  • old dark green velvet Burda top with dolman sleeves: this was one of my earliest projects and the construction quality is somewhat embarrassing; there is also something off about the balance that makes it distracting to wear.
I also have several things waiting in the wings for March ditching; here's hoping sewing will keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment