2014-03-17

Possible new project

I've taken out Schnittquelle Malmedy to consider sewing in a solid, dark violet-ish boiled wool. I have a lot of "special" boiled wools with fringed or otherwise bordered edges, single-sided patterns, etc. This seemed like a good pattern to use on a "plain" fabric; the curved cut edges won't work with borders, and the wrong side will show on the collar (it would also be great for a double-sided fabric, but all of mine happen to have nice borders and I want to save them for patterns that can use them easily.)

The overall size of the pattern seems about right. I traced off the sleeves, incorporating a bicep alteration in the process; I'm now working on a tracing of the front. I'm currently preoccupied with various length issues. I prefer (require?) a very shallow armhole depth. So I've taken quite a lot of length from the armhole and added some back above the waist, but I might have to rethink how to juggle all this and have the roll line and the closure end up where I want them. Plus, I also need to think about whether I really should take out quite as much armhole depth as I'd like. Realistically speaking, this should be able to fit over RTW, which generally has deeper armholes than I like.

I've set aside the blouse for now, but I do plan on finishing that, one way or another, by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment