2014-03-15

More on the blouse

I got the buttonholes and buttons done, and tacked down the facings on the inside. The fit in back is still not quite right, but I've neither moved the darts up nor done the clipping that will eventually have to happen. The fit in front is... well, it depends on what's under it, and what's under it today is evidently not at all suitable.

That aside, I'm underwhelmed by the whole thing. With the small print, all the gray, and the collar, it ends up looking very austere. I'm having my doubts that this was the best thing to do with this fabric, although I can't think of anything better at the moment.

In any case, I could have something completely finished and wearable, if not perfectly fitted, in very short order: strictly speaking, it just needs the hems, armhole seam finish, dart clipping, and a few thread ends dealt with. So that is an option if the rest of the fitting seems unbearable. What I might do, though, is let it sit and move on to something else, at least for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment