2014-04-24

More ditching

I'm continuing to get rid of stuff in advance of moving. I've just picked out some more things that won't go with me.

First off, four pairs of shoes.
  • Wool felt boots. I really like them, but to be realistic, they only work if it's both dry and cold, and I'm wearing a dress or skirt. This is a thing that very rarely happens in my current climate, and where I'm moving it will be no better.
  • Dark red heels. They are unraveling a bit along the edges, they have become more uncomfortable over time, and I'm not sure I've even worn them since I moved here.
  • Navy heels. Although this color is hard to find most years — which is why I hadn't given them up so far — I'm coming to the conclusion that navy just isn't that useful as a neutral to begin with. Too hard to match. They are also just the wrong height or arch shape or something for walking in comfortably. Not as bad as the dark red ones, but still.
  • Gray ballerina-ish flats. They are very stiff and have a bad thing with corners that projects upward in back. I should have known better.
Secondly, some clothes:
  • Scarf-collar blouse with a sort of crosshatch-watercolor print, from a New Look pattern. I love the color scheme, but it's polyester, it's now too big, and there was always something not quite right with the upper back.
  • White embroidered gauze blouse, also from a New Look pattern, and also with some sort of upper back/sleeve range of motion problem (I suspect the armholes on both of these would have needed to be raised more and the biceps widened).
  • Two-color socks that I knit a bit tightly; they have probably felted even a bit smaller over time, and I'm just out of patience with how difficult they are to get on.
  • Purple velvet cowl top from a Stretch & Sew pattern. Although it's been useful, the velvet has seen better days, the construction is not my best, and, well, it's tacky, to be honest.
  • Heather blue-gray camisole. The color's good, but the straps are too long and the fabric too synthetic and clingy.
So that's nine things for this month. Besides all that, I still have some cold-weather stuff out, some of which may be ditched as the weather continues to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment