2014-04-23

I think I might be done with the lace now.

It still has to be sewn on more permanently in places, but I don't think I'll add more, unless it's maybe one of the very subtle ones, to finish the hem. (I had also been considering extending the whole 8-row pattern down proper left front and right back, as if it continued down and underlapped the diagonal parts, but I think that would be way too much.)

The lace now covers the bust darts for the most part, and the shoulder area is wide enough for my taste, so additional further-down rows aren't needed. I've now rough-cut the neckline and armholes away. Those edges still need to be finished, but you get the idea of the shape. The back is very similar to the front. As this dress form has no arms, the top looks a lot wider-shouldered than it really is.

Compared to the base pattern I used, the front neckline is higher, the back neckline is mostly lower, the shoulders are much wider, and the armholes are mostly more built-up, but they are cut in narrower at the lower corners, at left front and right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment