2014-04-02

Jacket

I might be done with one of the inventories I have to do before I move, which would mean I could start recombobulating things. I now have a great big heap of clothes that will not be going with me; it might be good to start over a bit.

On the Simplicity 1540 jacket, I've got the body preliminarily sewn together. I think I might be able to get away with taking in the back waist some, although I don't want to overdo it as this is outerwear. The shoulders look a touch wide; I think I remember a Patternreviewer or two mentioning this. I haven't decided what I'll do about that. I'm sure it was pointed out that the sleeves were wide at the wrist, so I cut the sleeve bands in size 6 and tapered the main sleeve piece to match. Aside from all that, the fit in front looks great. My pocket markings are very high, but that's because I shortened a lot above the waist. I might have to move them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment