2014-11-18

New Buttericks

The Winter/Holiday collection is out. Overall I like it better than some of the others that came out recently from the Big4. There are some more fitted, semi-casual styles as opposed to a profusion of loose boxy tops and coats, or red-carpet-style eveningwear. Maybe still not much that I personally would have to add to my over-large collection, but here are a few that caught my eye.

6128 is a wrap dress for wovens. It has a waist seam, which would make it much easier to level the skirt and fit the waist regardless of the wearer's posture.

6127  is another woven dress with optional lace contrast and like 6128, could be either eveningwear or work wear. I like how the lace gives the effect of a separate jacket. With both these patterns and coat 6143 they appear to be ticking the applied/contrast lace trend box.

I like the look of blouse 6134 from the front, but really wish they had used princess seams on the back as well; that would have made fitting easier.

I don't really do asymmetry, but there is a lot of it in this collection. Jacket 6140 is a good example. I would probably just look unkempt wearing such a thing, but on the model it looks good in all its different variations. It seems that boiled wool has been suggested for a lot of recent patterns, this one among them. It would be nice if it became more readily available in North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment