2014-11-15

Kwik-Sew 3473 almost in one piece

Do you track your sewing progress by how many separate pieces your item still has? I do. Right now I have this dress, technically, all in one piece except for the optional bow.

The floppy strip around the neckline is the bias facing. I've made much more bias than was necessary, obviously. I now have that slipstitched to the inside on one half of the front neckline, but that will be slow going. The hems remain to be done, the waist seam needs to be pressed and finished, and the armscye seams need to be finished in some way too. The French seams in the outer skirt might be acceptable enough not to re-do. I did finish the optional bow piece as well (one big bias strip), but it will need to be tied attractively and tacked on, should I decide to use it.

I'm glad I rotated part of the waist dart to the side seam, by the way. It makes for less of a cone shape. The original dart looked rather obtuse and although I didn't try actually cutting and sewing it, I think it might have been a little pointy even in this relatively lightweight, limp fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment