2014-11-09

Lotsa contests

Over the past week I participated in the PR Sewing Bee, which is modeled on the Great British Sewing Bee. I'm not advancing to the second round, but then I rather pointedly ignored the creativity requirement in favor of making something I could easily and immediately use in my wardrobe. Here that is.

The red boiled wool coat went into the Natural Fibers contest, which you can vote in (middle link below) until the end of today if you like... though I feel somewhat uncomfortable asking for people to vote for me, as I don't feel people should be judged on whether they bother to have a blog. Of course, that ship has sailed.

The Handbag Contest is also on this month, and I've got stash fabric for that, so I figured I might as well join it too.

The Great Pattern Review Sewing Bee - Round #1 Natural Fibers Contest 2014 Handbag Contest

I've also restarted sewing my rayon print bias dress, which had become a bit of a UFO in the midst of all this. I'm happy to report it fits over my head even with the sleeves basted in, so I don't have to decide how exactly I'd put a zipper in given the layers, sheerness and bias cut. Now I just have to unbaste it all and sew it for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment