2014-10-15

Finally.

I cut the last loose ends on this sweater today. I'd started it in, I don't know, maybe May, as a project I'd still be working on while all my other yarn was crossing an ocean and a continent. That worked.

The pattern is (at time of writing) top left here, meant for Cascade Heritage 150, and called "Pretty Mallory". I used Spinning Flock Farm 100% Wensleydale Wool, which I don't think is made anymore, and of which I had about 1440 yards, limiting my options. I'm not sure what I originally meant to make with it; before this one, I started, was not happy with, and frogged two other projects. I'm not terribly excited about this one either, but some of that is just how long it dragged on, so we'll see if it turns out to be useful long-term.

I wanted to make the sleeves on this as long as I possibly could, so that meant shortening the body some, though I think I could've saved more yardage by making it more fitted. The pattern does have waist shaping, but it really doesn't amount to much. I also had some trouble with the neckline rib flipping, though that doesn't happen when it's actually worn. Anyway, it turned out high-hip length, with 3/4 sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment