2014-10-10

Our Social Fabric

... had a fabric sale this past Sunday. I got there probably an hour and a half after it started; I gather it's a lot less mellow for the first hour or so, when people are trying to get the "best" fabric first.

Anyway, it was in an average-sized storefront, long and narrow; they had large bolts all around the sides, long tables in the middle with cut pieces of fabric in boxes organized by color, and patterns and a few other things mostly in one area near the front. The cut pieces were generally $2/meter unless very small or irregular; I ignored the bolts because I'm not looking for that much of any one thing at this point. I got a jacquard I'll probably use for lining, a bit of navy blue silk, and a moleskin-like print that I may use for a skirt. I'll post photos of those later, once I have time to get them into inventory.

The point of the organization is to keep fabrics out of the landfill by selling them to people who may use them. Depending on what the selection happens to be, the prices can be very good deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment