2014-10-14

Fabrics Etc.

The other place I went a couple of weekends ago was this new store, which also has (at this point more complete) Facebook and Google+ pages. It turned out there was a meetup right about the time I got there, so I stayed for that. The location seems a bit far for me to get to often — I wish it were closer, but it's probably quite reasonable for the sorts of customers they mostly want to attract. It's not as much of a special-occasion store as Gala. The focus is still garment sewing, but it might cater more to less-experienced sewers, and anyone who would like to rent time on some (nice-looking) machines they've got; I don't really need to do that, but they do have a nice iron.... There will be another meetup next month (see the Facebook page for that).

They've got a big space with lots of well-organized bolts of fabric, as well-labeled as at Gala. My impression of the selection was: a fair amount of quilting cotton, knits (cotton, wool, synthetic), denim, rainwear, linings, interfacings, home dec fabrics, special-occasion fabrics, and a very good selection of notions, Sewaholic Patterns, and some older sale patterns from the Big 4. I bought a lovely linen remnant to make some trousers I've been meaning to copy, and there were some water-resistant fabrics I'd consider, next time I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment