2014-05-01

May plans

Happy May Day.

I cleaned and oiled my machines today, but otherwise they had the day off. The sewing machine really could stand to be serviced, BTW; I'm waiting to get back to a 120V area for that.

If all goes as planned, I'm expecting to have less than three weeks before everything goes into a shipping container. I can't decide whether I should sit on my hands or sew like mad. Mostly I'm doing the former right now, but I really would like to get at least the turquoise boiled wool coat done and in one piece. After that, I'm thinking maybe linen trousers, but that might be a terrible idea.

Either way, toward the end of the month I will become limited to knitting and/or hand-sewing, depending on what goes in the Ark of Things Not Packed, and then, for some days (weeks?) I will most likely not be blogging at all. That could easily continue well into June, depending on what sort of connectivity I have (or don't).

Anyway, for now, the fit of the coat looks promising; I think I'll be able to do the princess-seam topstitching and the shoulder seams, and leave any changes to the (non-topstitched) side seams and princess darts.

No comments:

Post a Comment