2014-05-13

A few silks

I don't buy silks all that often, because I haven't tended to wear them that much. Still, for variety, I acquired a few more:

This one's a georgette; of course it has a lovely drape, but it'll be intimidating to cut and sew.











This was labeled as 100% silk, but I believe it must have some elastane content. I detect a certain amount of crosswise stretch. It's semi-sheer; might be a double georgette.

Generally I never wear yellow; it's usually impossible to find a shade that is flattering. But I thought this was an interesting color, though it probably would have been better if it were dustier and greener (it is greener than it looks on my screen, but it is maybe still a bit too saturated). I may use it as an overlay or lining, if nothing else.


This one's a broadcloth (or maybe a lighter-weight Thai silk), light to medium weight, and a little bit crisp. It's cross-dyed in a light blue and a green-navy, giving an overall teal effect. It should be easier to sew than the others, and I like how it has less sheen than, say, charmeuse, without being completely matte.

No comments:

Post a Comment