2014-02-14

Welp,

the black dress could be called done, except for the hem.

I'm not all that happy with the neckline and armhole bindings; they are too thick for my taste. In hindsight, hem lace or even that crispy cotton-poly bias tape might have been a better finish (if turned to the inside). Because this fabric frays so much, I didn't think I should leave the edges of the bias raw, even though they were bias, and turning them under just adds to the bulk. I don't think it looks worse than a lot of RTW knitwear (not that I'm all that impressed with a lot of RTW knitwear) and I'm not sure I want to cut the neckline and armholes down any further, so I may just leave them.

I did pin the left-side opening closed and found it wasn't really necessary, so I sewed up that seam.

The LWD dress was done last week and is still done. I did get some more photos. Although there might be something slightly off about the fit at CF, I think it's one of the better finishing jobs I've done. I may want to refine my fitting shell by looking to Minott for the skirt; the Müller method seems like it might place the side seam unusually far forward (not that that's necessarily a bad thing). As far as the upper parts, the real test will be setting in a sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment