2014-02-02

Sunday progress

I've sewn the outer hem and clipped the neckline and armhole curves on the LWD... need to finish pressing all those curves next.

Also, I'd finished relining the navy coat, but now that there's been some sun and I've had a chance to see it in good light, I've decided I'm not going to keep it. The stains/bleaching/whatever it is at the hem are more extensive than I thought, so given that and the issues with the design, I'm probably not going to wear it. It takes up a lot of space, too. If I'd had the decision to make now, instead of several years ago, as to whether to buy more lining and reline this coat, I wouldn't have done it.

How do you feel when it's time to get rid of a project you've made? I used to have a hard time doing this, but since I've made maybe close to 300 things, in most cases I don't care that much anymore. It's almost always out of sight, out of mind. I generally take pictures so I don't have to completely forget, but I can't say I usually look at them again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment