2014-02-25

Next pattern

I'm taking a look at Schnittquelle's Trondheim pullover for my next project. I've traced off the front and back so far. In the process, I graded length and width out of the upper chest and back, added some length back just above the waist, straightened out the center back seam (for the moment) as I had to do that on my fitting shell, and added width at the front side seams above and below the waist. Probably I will add some length at the hem when cutting. Since I changed the armhole a lot, and will need more bicep space, the sleeve will probably need massive changes. On the other hand, I haven't changed the neckline at all, so the hood should stay the same.

I can't say which of these changes are entirely normal for me at this point, because I have very little experience with my new fitting shell, but I will say there were no big surprises. The pattern itself is single-sized, by the way, and what I have is about half a size smaller than my measurements. I think that was probably a good compromise between getting the upper torso close to narrow and short enough and the rest of the measurements close to right. It's possible I've shrunk the shoulder line a bit too much; I should re-compare my fitting shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment