2015-01-07

December's new fabrics

As I'd mentioned before, I raided the Vancouver location of Gala Fabrics during the last month or so it was open. As far as I know, it did indeed close in the middle of December; I have not been back by it again, but the website says it is now closed. Anyway...
There's what I got. Almost all of it's from Gala Fabrics, the exception being the streaked red knit, which came from Fabrics Etc. In order, they are:
  • A wool jacquard skirt length.
  • Bemberg lining for the above.
  • A short length of heavy silk twill. I'm not sure what I'll do with this, but I really liked the color and the weight.
  • Rayon/silk blend jersey; I have some of the Drape Drape books and this might do nicely for something from one of them.
  • The aforementioned streaked red knit, which should become a cardigan.
  • Linen blend crinkle gauze, for a summer dress.
  • A heavy embroidered organza.
  • Crushed stretch velvet with a paisley pattern. It's a dark gray that doesn't scan well at all.
  • Heavy Bemberg lining. I will probably use this and some of the others from last month for slips.
  • Wool/mohair coating.
  • English wool doubleknit.

No comments:

Post a Comment