2014-08-04

Stats for May-July

I haven't done much sewing during this time, but my stash has changed a lot.
  • I acquired four pieces of silk and one of acetate (some from friends, thanks!) which amounted to 14.08 yards.
  • I gave away a net 31 pieces/72.3 yards of fabric before the move, which presumably means a total of 36 pieces at 86.38 yards.
  • In the past month, I cut one project, New Look 6387, using 1.11 yards. This is not far from done, but I do have to finish the hem, and decide on and finish the front closure.
Notes to self:
  • I now have access to a dryer, so I feel like I can go wild get more washable but slow-drying spring and fall fabrics.
  • I need to recheck what my stash reduction goals were, but it's less than half what I had since I started keeping a database. 
  • I'm behind on my planned project rate. Part of the problem was that my stash was inaccessible for a month and a half. Not to mention it isn't realistic to get a lot of other things done around a move.
  • Although I kind of wish I had more linens and cottons, the proportion of those in stash actually decreased. A lot of what I had was in colors I no longer prefer, so that's why. I'd also acquired some more silks and wools in good colors, because those were readily available where I was, but I'd really like to find some more rayon wovens and linen prints, among other things.
So that's out of the way. I hope I get more done this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment