2014-09-30

September results

I didn't get as much sewing done this month as I would have liked. Here's what I did:
  1. Made two tops out of brown RPL jersey. This used up about two yards. So, at the last minute...
    Fabric Stash
    There is no chance I would win first place, mind you; most of the entrants have sewn many more yards than I did. But there seems to be a random drawing prize, which was an incentive to write the reviews even though I'm not sure they add much. The first was from the same RTW top I'd already copied once, and the second was from Simplicity 1716, which already has dozens of reviews.
  2. Cut Kwik-Sew 3473 from the "chiffon-crepe" plus lining from a dark gray Bemberg. The latter had been intended to line some black suiting, but I got rid of that when I decided I'd rather wear brown or gray than black. I had no trouble getting the entire pattern out of the shell fabric, BTW. I might have been able to cut the Bemberg with no problems if I'd bothered to do a single-layer layout; as it was, I had to cut the skirt hems an inch shorter (which might be reasonable for a lining anyway, though I need to see how the shell fabric will drop in comparison). Together, these used over 5.5 yards.
So that's 7.69 yards out, none in.

No comments:

Post a Comment